Thursday, August 21, 2014

Blog #1

I have heard a lot of different things about EDM310. I have heard that this class will take time, will take practice, will take teamwork, and will take self teaching. I have also heard that not to take this course so seriously that in time it gets a lot easier. I have also heard that EDM310 is one of the hardest class because you have to do everything and if you miss anything you miss will be severely penalized no matter what the excuse.
My fears for this class are missing an assignment and also missing a day of class. My biggest fear in this class is not passing with an A. EDM310 has lowered some of my friends' GPAs.
EDM310 is different than any of my other classes because the class is mostly online teamwork. I have worked with classmates in class but never on my own time. It will be very interesting how we are going to have to work with many students trying to find the same time that all of us could attend. In other classes it's all online except for a presentation and this class is a blended class which requires more online than in class.
The most difficult thing for me in EDM310 may be making sure I have all my work done and done correctly without a teacher telling my that this is wrong and help me out. There is also the fact that I may watch something or read something and misinterpertate what the video or website was trying to tell me.
The best way for me to address this problem would be for me to either watch the video or the book many times so that way i wont be confused in my work. There is also try and get in touch with my classmates so I can see if they are seeing and understanding the same thing that I am seeing.
My questions for EDM310 are why not be more online then offline, why have blogger be such a big deal, and why not be more of a technology class. My best ways to address these questions are to wait and find out what exactly we are truly doing in this class. I will find out all my question in do time I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of the same things about this class. I've also been advised to not take EDM 310 until absolutely necessary. Hearing so many negative things didn't do my nerves any good. I fear that I will happen to overlook an assignment, and end up missing the due date. It also concerns me that we don't go over the checklist in class, so when it is time to do those assignments it may be harder to do them when he doesn't tell us how and what to do. I guess all we can do is take it a day at a time. I noticed that you are from Millbrook. I'm actually from Jemison (Chilton County). It's nice to see people who are from around the same area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The most difficult thing for me in EDM310 may be making sure I have all my work done and done correctly without a teacher telling my that this is wrong and help me out." Dr. Strange and the lab assistants are all here to help you. We are available in the lab, by phone, email, or Facebook. You have many ways to reach us if you need help.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete